Saturday, July 11, 2009

Basic Building Blocks of a Web Business

My love is organic search engine optimization and do it yourself marketing to promote Judy's business, A-BnC Parties and More, Inc. Why? Because it only takes time! Time to learn, then time to implement, then time to tweak.

Through years of research and intuitive exploring I have gathered a wealth of information and references. I've learned that pretty sites even if well optimized don't draw traffic nor resulting sales. I also learned that what you "think" is great may not be to your audience. I also learned than most self acclaimed "gurus" are really not.

There comes a time when everyone must market. You have to get the word out through appropriate channels so people can find you. Then see if they buy! If not, reinvent yourself. That's what we have done on the Web, several times.

The basic building blocks are -
• determine your niche market through research work,
• construct your site based on the message you wish to convey,
• make sure people can navigate your site easily,
• "sell" your product,
• optimize for organic search results,
• add analytics and learn to use,
• market, market, market, market, etc.
• tweak all of the above...

Sites can have flaws and people will always criticize them. (I still have not optimized fully myself!) In the end, it boils down to whether you accomplish your goals, make sales and stay in business.

1 comment:

  1. Hiring someone to optimize your website would be a really good idea if you have a new website and/or business venture. Using the services of an experienced Offshore SEO company will give you exactly the results you need. SEO companies are trained to generate a steady continuous flow of quality traffic in order to achieve more revenue for your business. This is one of those factors that many of the people are ignorant of. I am a physicist, and run my own clinic. Marketing was a part that generally doctors are unaware of. I made one website which I though would help me ameliorate my business, but it doesn’t make a great difference as it was far not found on search engines. Then, I came across a website designing and marketing company named as medicalwebexperts.com, with which I had a contract for advertising and optimizing my website to make it google-friendly. The main problem with my website was found to be improper website coding, which resisted my website to be listed in top most search. The company did well in reconstructing my website, making it popular using SEO techniques. The benefits are slowly coming into action. Website helped me getting a good sum of patients at my doorstep. Web marketing really helped my business work, making my investments in SEO worthy.

    ReplyDelete